Calling all Boxer Chefs! Don your apron and arm yourself with your favorite whisk and spatula...it's time for the Global Box.org cooking challenge!
The Global Cooking Challenge is designed to offer a fun and creative way to showcase your favorite recipes and culinary skills, raise funds for organizations providing food for our communities, and encourage reflection on what it would be like to be reliant on a food bank to feed your family. In true Boxer fashion, it will also secure bragging rights and a very coveted Boxer Top Chef title!
Here are the rules:
1. Primarily use non-perishable, and pantry staples
2. 8 ingredients or less (not including spices, water, oil)
3. No special equipment (pressure cooker, sous vide, etc)
4. Dishes judged based on creativity, nutrition and presentation
Videos will go through a preliminary round of judging by Box.org global leads. Finalists will be judged by Chef Philippe, Steph Carullo and Amanda Healy Collins.
What's at stake?
- Big time bragging rights, and we mean MAJOR
- Winners featured during 5/29 Friday Lunch
- Box.org donation to the charity of your choice
How to get started
1. Submit your $25 entry fee to this fund!
2. Upload a 1 minute video between 5/11-5/22 (https://cloud.app.box.com/f/c284922de27140c19045e030949600aa)
3. Spread the word...the video with the most upvotes receives a Boxer choice award
Questions or want to trash talk? Reach out to #boxorg-cooking-challenge on Slack!
Your donation supports
World Food Programme
"<p>World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations' frontline agency in the global fight against hunger. It is mandated to provide emergency and development assistance to eradicate hunger and poverty amongst the poorest and most food-insecure countries and populations. The mission of the WFP is to end global hunger through aupporting national, local and regional food securtiy and nutrition plans. It partners with other United Nations agencies, international organizations, non governmental organizations, civil society and the private sectorto enable people, communities and countries to meet their ovn needs. During humanitarian emergencies WFP is the lead agency if the Emergency Telecommunications, Logistics and Food Security Cluster, a global network of organizations that work together to provide shared communications services when disasters strike. WFP also joinly leads the UN Innovation Network, an informal collaborative community of UN innovators promoting and advancing innovation within the UN system.</p>
World Food Program USA
Consistent with the mission of the United Nations World Food Programme, World Food Program USA works with U.S. policymakers, corporations, foundations and individuals to help provide financial resources and develop policies needed to alleviate global hunger.